- English will focus on comprehension, spelling, guided reading and grammar activities.
- Each term students will focus on different writing genres.
- Students will be given weekly spelling lists focus on sounds and letter patterns as well as learning spelling rules and generalisations to improve their spelling of words.
- Investigations and problem-solving are the core of the iMaths program.
- Students will need to regularly practise their times tables and develop instant recall of number facts.
- Focus on the preparation for the students’ First Holy Communion.
Science and Health
Will focus on a different strand/topic each term. Your children will participate in a variety of investigations and activities. Sometimes excursions or incursions will be linked to units of work covered.
Will be the focus during Semester 1 and Geography will be taught in Semester 2 (Miss Connelly).
Will focus on internet safety and searching skills in preparation for research work conducted throughout the year. iPads will be used as a tool to assist in a variety of subject areas.
Regular weekly events for Year Four are:
- Monday – home reading book exchange
- Monday to Thursday – Literacy block will take place after recess
- Tuesday – hymn singing 2-2:30pm
- Tuesday – Italian 9:40-10:40am
- Wednesday (9:50-10:40am) and Friday is sport. Children will be required to wear their sport uniform.
- Wednesday – HASS (Humanities and Studies of Society) 1:25-2:15pm
- Thursday is library book exchange 9:35-10:05am
- Thursday – Art block 11am-12:30pm
- Friday – testing (spelling, mental maths, learning area tests as required)
- Your child will be using their diary for homework which we will check throughout the week.
A reward system has been set up to reward positive behaviour which encourages children to respect class rules and make positive choices Rewards will be in the form of a raffle ticket system, positive feedback (comments and diary entries).