Mrs Sandra Reynolds – Education Assistant
Mrs Jane Parker – Education Assistant
As your child’s teacher, my aim is to take the necessary measures to ensure that your child’s academic, emotional and social needs are met so that they can continue on their learning journey at their own pace.
Other important goals for year 3 include:
- To develop and consolidate important skills across all learning areas; particularly literacy and numeracy.
- To encourage independence across all areas of school life especially in regard to: the management of homework, the maintenance of classroom routines and to build organisational and time management skills.
- To encourage the students to give their very best to all learning experiences and take pride in the work they produce.
The English curriculum is built around the three interrelated strands of language, literature and literacy. Together, the strands focus on developing students’ knowledge, understanding and skills in listening, reading, viewing, speaking, writing and creating.
In our literacy dedicated time, your child will work in small groups to complete comprehension, spelling, guided reading and listening post activities. Students will have weekly writing, grammar and spelling lessons. The grammar and spelling books will also support your child’s learning in literacy.
Our school is using the Sound Waves Spelling program; this program uses a phonemic approach to spelling. This approach uses a sound-to-letter strategy, which acknowledges that sounds can be represented in more than one way in written form. Each week your child will focus on a different sound unit. Homework words for the week will be based on this sound unit. At the end of the week there will be a spelling and dictation test.
The whole school will be using a resource called iMaths to support the implementation of the Australian Curriculum. Investigations and problem solving are the core of the imaths program. They provide the context by which students apply their knowledge and understanding of the content. The iMaths Investigations build and develop a student’s understanding of maths concepts, improve their mathematical fluency and problem solving skills, and provide real-life contexts in which they can develop higher-order reasoning.
We will cover four key units which are biological science, chemical science, physical science and earth and space science. We will use the “Primary Connections” resource throughout the year.
- Tuesday Italian 12:10pm-12:40pm
- Wednesday Italian 11:00am-11:30am
HASS: 11:55am-12:40pm Physical Education: 1:25pm-2:20pm
- Thursday Book exchange 2:05pm-2:35pm
- Friday Art: 1:25pm-2:55pm